The Cinemalaya Philippine Independent Film Festival returns with a new home and a promising set of films debuting in the festival.
Happening at the Philippine International Convention Center (PICC) this August 4 to 13, 2023, fans of Philippine cinema can expect a slew of films to be screened, including short films in competition, award-winning Asian titles, and prized works from past Cinemalaya editions.
But the exciting part of going to Cinemalaya are its full-length films in the main competition. These films go over an extensive pitch and production process with the festival organizers before finally having the finished products premiere for the public audience. Here are the finalists:
- Ang Duyan ng Magiting by Dustin Celestino
- As If It’s True by John Rogers
- Bulawan Nga Usa (Golden Deer) by Kenneth De La Cruz
- Gitling by Jopy Arnaldo
- Huling Palabas by Ryan Machado
- Iti Mapupukaw (The Missing) by Carl Joseph Papa
- Maria by Sheryl Rose Andes
- Rookie by Samantha Lee
- Tether by Gian Arre
- When This is All Over by Kevin Mikhail Mayuga
Featured photo from Cinemalaya